Here are some of our favorite resources to get you started. To access patron-only resources, join us on Patreon by clicking on the button below.
Table of Contents
Add a header to begin generating the table of contents
- Ending Human Trafficking Podcast- Top 10 Episodes
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: 1-888-3737-888
- Learn Psychology’s Violence Awareness & Prevention Guide
US Government Resources
- Department of Homeland Security – Blue Campaign Posters to Download
- Department of Health and Human Services Human Trafficking Resources
- Look Beneath the Surface Resources and Materials
- State Department Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons
- FBI Human Trafficking/ Involuntary Servitude
- CA Transparency in Supply Chains Act Effective Supply Chain Accountability
Other Trafficking Resources
- UNICEF End Trafficking Campaign
- UNICEF United States – High School Clubs
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime – Human Trafficking Information and Tools
- United Nations GIFT – Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking
- FAAST Hands that Heal
- Global Centurion
Orange County, CA Resources
- Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force
- Vanguard University Live2free Prevention Presentations
- Ensure Justice Conference
Videos and Audio Interviews
- The Cost of Demand
- Shyima’s Story: a Survivor of Domestic Servitude
- Rachel Thomas Survivor Story
- Sin by Silence – Documentary
- Part One: Interview with Jasmine Shodja
- Part Two: Interview with Sergent Reveles
- Part Three: Interview with Judge Maria Hernandez
- Part Four: Interview with Dan Varon
- Ep. 6 – Maria’s Human Trafficking Story
- EP. 19 – Runaway Girl, Carissa Phelps
- EP. 30 – Survivor Advocates in Community Advocacy, Holly Smith
- EP. 73 – Hidden Girl: The True Story of a Modern Child Slave, Shyima Hall
- EP. 146 – A View from the Survivor’s Seat, Stacey Jewell
- EP. 173 – Harmony Dust talks about Survivor Leadership
- EP. 196 – Rachel Thomas: Ending the Game
- EP. 233 – Bella Hounakey: A Fierce Survivor Advocate
- EP. 234 – Relentless Advocate: Rebecca Bender
- EP. 249 – How to Include Survivors, Amy Rahe
- EP. 252 – What It Takes to Get Unstuck, Kathy McGibbon Givens
Internet Safety Training materials
- Netsmartz App – The Safety Central App allows parents to keep critical information about their child, such as digital fingerprints and updated photos, right at their fingertips.
- “Two Kinds of Stupid”– Netsmartz.org video
- Webwise Kids – Computerized games and programs that teach kids how to safely navigate the Internet.
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Resources for Pornography
- Be proactive. Start talking to your children while they are very young (ages 3-5), providing books that help them understand good images from bad images. When time comes for the pre-teen and teenagers find help for them using Theology of the Body for Teens as well as a new program called “Fight the New Drug”.
- Become Accountable: Place filters on all electronic devices, computers, iPads, iPods, cell phones, video game systems, MP3 players, etc. Use filtering that will block questionable sites. Be proactive in protecting your entire family. Monitor all social networking, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram , You Tube, etc. and block or screen movies and TV, using USCCB.org reviews of movies. The correct filters on electronic devices will prevent the unexpected pop-ups that can occur while searching the web.
- Educate Yourself: Learn more about the subject of pornography and sex-trafficking through the vast resources available to you. Provide information about pornography at your local and or diocesan CCW meetings yearly that address this silent but highly destructive subject. Show how prevalent pornography is in our homes and society, and how it is ensnaring our children, and spouses.
Pornography Resources & Websites
- Pornography Statistics – General statistics as well as in-depth studies.
- National Center on Sexual Exploitation – Exposing the seamless connection between all forms of sexual exploitation.
- Coalition To End Sexual Exploitation – As of February 2014, 145 national, state, and local organizations belong to the coalition focused on prevention, recovery and advocacy.
- Family Watch International – Works at the United Nations and in countries around the world educating policymakers on the central role of the family.
- S.A. Lifeline Foundation – Protecting families from the harmful effects of pornography, a resource for families, religious leaders and community leaders.
- Pure Hope – Christian Solutions in a Sexualized Culture for Raising Kids.
- Purity Works – Provides materials to help parents teach children about sexual purity.
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures – A read-aloud story about a mom and dad who teach their child what pornography is, why it’s dangerous, and how to reject it.
- The Theology of the Body – Theology of the Body for Teens is a dynamic faith formation program for teens and pre-teens.
- Fight The New Drug – Ways to communicate effectively with teens and young adults in order to educate them about the harmful effects of pornography.
- The Social Costs of Pornography – A statement of findings and recommendations, by The Witherspoon Institute, Mary Eberstadt and Mary Anne Layden.
- Net Nanny – Internet filtering software and is actively involved in Internet safety campaigns with local and national media.
- Covenant Eyes – Tool that rates and records every web page accessed and sends an easy-to-read weekly rating report to its members for accountability of inappropriate content.
- NetSmartz Resources – Curated resources from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children for parents, teachers, and youth.
- The RIGHT way to use medications
- Where were you?: The reason we bear responsibility
- … and much more
- Toolkit 1: Live2Free Churches
- Toolkit 2: The Basics
- Toolkit 3: How Pornography Plays a Role
- … and much more
- 5-Week Study: Fair Trade Basics – Coming Soon
- 5-Week Study: How Pornography Plays a Role – Coming Soon
- 7-Week Study: Prevention Strategies for Ending Human Trafficking – Coming Soon
- … and much more