Survivors provide an important perspective on how we can work to end human trafficking. Sandra Morgan, the Director of the Global Center for Women & Justice and Dave Stachowiak, one of the Center’s board members, interview Carissa Phelps and Marianna Smirnova about their work to end human trafficking and about Carissa’s upcoming book, Runaway Girl.
- How to be a proactive voice in ending human trafficking.
- Exploited people exploit, they carry on and normalize what has been done to them.
- Carissa’s book, Runaway Girl, is honest and open to the struggle of trying to figure out the world.
- Victims are trapped physically by guns and such, but at other times, trapped by fear.
- Expunging records for survivors of trafficking. The system creates barriers that prevents living a normal life.
- Foster youth are targeted and exploited because they don’t have anyone to protect them.
- How to develop economic community for community engagement.
Are you enjoying the show?
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment to subscribe or rate the podcast on iTunes by clicking here. Click here for FAQs about podcasts and how to subscribe.
Haven’t been receiving our newsletter? Visit our homepage to join today.
Contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.