Learn about some of the business and economic issues that drive human trafficking so that you can begin to study this issue, be a voice, and make a difference in ending it. Sandra Morgan, the Director of the Global Center for Women and Justice and Dave Stachowiak, one of the Center’s board members, discuss how human trafficking is (unfortunately) a very big business. The law of supply and demand drives human trafficking. Sandra Morgan brings up the question on what our role in this is and how does it impact us?
- Modern Day Slavery is a multi-billion dollar business and the second largest criminal industry in the world.
- Identifying supply chains as well as identifying fair trade products.
- How to balance a budget while having good stewardship.
- Over 25 million people who are being human trafficked.
- Product, labor and money flow is the search for maximizing profits.
Are you enjoying the show?
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment to subscribe or rate the podcast on iTunes by clicking here. Click here for FAQs about podcasts and how to subscribe.
Haven’t been receiving our newsletter? Visit our homepage to join today.
Contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit a question for a future episode of the Ending Human Trafficking Podcast, please contact us at:
(714) 556-3610 ext. 2242