163: #SilenceisNotSpiritual: Breaking the Silence on Violence Against Women and Girls
Dr. Sandra Morgan and Dave Stachowiak discuss the power of the #SilenceisNotSpiritual movement and the best ways to implement changes in our own communities.
- #SilenceisNotSpiritual is different than most movement hashtags because it requires people to sign a commitment that they will stand with women and for women.
- 75% of harassment victims experience retaliation.
- If you are going to help a women escape a violent situation or file a sexual harassment lawsuit then you also need to be willing to stand by them during the fallout.
- If community and political leadership are heavily populated by men, does that affect its response to harassment of women?
- Many churches that have policies that allow women in leadership don’t actually have any women in those positions.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- Gerda Lerner
- Center for Biblical Equality
Are you enjoying the show?
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment to subscribe or rate the podcast on iTunes by clicking here. Click here for FAQs about podcasts and how to subscribe.
Haven’t been receiving our newsletter? Visit our homepage to join today.
Contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions at email@example.com.