Learn what human trafficking is so that you can begin to study this issue, be a voice, and make a difference in ending it. Sandra Morgan, the Director of the Global Center for Women and Justice and Dave Stachowiak, one of the Center’s board members, discuss “What is human trafficking?” They explain the elements of human trafficking and examples through stories of both men and women who were coerced into slavery. The Global Center for Women and Justice gives a framework and a place to educate, research and teach students and the community to be an advocate for change. The approach is to equip this generation with resources such as the Women’s Studies Minor to encourage research.
- What does modern day slavery look like?
- 3 elements of modern day slavery: Force, Fraud and Coercion.
- Stories about young people who were coerced and lured into slavery because the traffickers sell hope.
- Examples of human trafficking: Debt Bonds and Coercion.
- Human Trafficking can be in every community and socio economic class.
Are you enjoying the show?
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment to subscribe or rate the podcast on iTunes by clicking here. Click here for FAQs about podcasts and how to subscribe.
Haven’t been receiving our newsletter? Visit our homepage to join today.
Contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit a question for a future episode of the Ending Human Trafficking Podcast, please contact us at:
(714) 556-3610 ext. 2242