Dr. Sandra Morgan and Dave Stachowiak discuss the connection between homelessness and both sex trafficking and labor trafficking. They talk about the problems that arise when youths age out of the welfare system and how non-profits need to expand their view of success to include prevention, not just rescues.
- Youths in early stages of mental development don’t have well-developed ways to manage risk.
- The vast majority of youths aging out of our welfare system do not have a plan.
- 81% of labor trafficking cases involve forced drug dealing.
- Humans are naturally drawn to sensational stories, and successfully preventing human trafficking does not attract as much attention as rescuing a victim from human trafficking.
- We need to expand what our vision of success is to include prevention.
- EHT 15: Homelessness and Human Trafficking – How They Connect
- EHT 141: A View From the Bench – Part 2 with Judge Hatchimonji
- EHT 22: Succeed Because of What You’ve Been Through with Rhonda Scioritino
- 105: What You Need to Know About Statistics
- 2018 Ensure Justice Conference
- Coaching for Leaders episode 215: How to Collaborate Across Organizations with Kirsten Foot
Are you enjoying the show?
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment to subscribe or rate the podcast on iTunes by clicking here. Click here for FAQs about podcasts and how to subscribe.
Haven’t been receiving our newsletter? Visit our homepage to join today.
Contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions at email@example.com.
(714) 556-3610 ext. 2242