170: Chad Napier: Drug Trends and Risk in Our Communities
Dr. Sandra Morgan and Dave Stachowiak talk to Chad Napier about the devastating impact drug use has had in his community and the dangers of synthetic drugs.
- West Virginia leads the nation in drug overdose
- National average is 19.8 per 100,000 but West Virginia is 52 per 100,000
- Babies with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome need to be weaned off the drugs after birth
- Whenever there is a prescription pill problem, there is going to be a heroin problem (80% of heroin users come from prescription pill abuse)
- Drug users often say that it’s no longer about being high, it’s about not getting sick from withdrawals
- Fentanyl (a highly potent synthetic drug) is cut into almost every drug out there
- We need to start looking at why people use drugs in the first place.
Are you enjoying the show?
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment to subscribe or rate the podcast on iTunes by clicking here. Click here for FAQs about podcasts and how to subscribe.
Haven’t been receiving our newsletter? Visit our homepage to join today.
Contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.