Dr. Sandra Morgan and Dave Stachowiak talk to Kenny Henry about the human trafficking programs he is involved in and all that he’s learned, including the challenging of finding housing for survivors and the impact substance abuse has on victims.
- Think about if there are already organizations in your community that would allow you to get involved in the fight against human trafficking.
- Housing is a huge need for human trafficking victims.
- There are many different types of survivors, between labor trafficking and sexual trafficking and all their subcategories.
- It doesn’t matter how informed we are if we don’t have a safe place for victims to go.
- Human trafficking is not a new phenomenon, but we now have a much greater awareness of it.
- Learn from survivors.
- Many survivors are abusing drugs or alcohol, some being forced to and some using it to numb themselves from the pain.
- Volunteers of America
- Kenny Henry
- National Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance Center (NHTTAC)
Are you enjoying the show?
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment to subscribe or rate the podcast on iTunes by clicking here. Click here for FAQs about podcasts and how to subscribe.
Haven’t been receiving our newsletter? Visit our homepage to join today.
Contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.