Dr. Sandra Morgan and Dave Stachowiak discuss Sandie’s experience in Greece running the 3-day conference “Working Together Against Trafficking in Human Beings.” She explains how hard it can be to collaborate in the fight against trafficking, but also that working together is the only way to win the fight.
- Many refugees were working professionals in their home countries
- Refugees desperate for work become highly vulnerable to trafficking.
- When people get really desperate, standard prevention strategies often don’t work.
- No one NGO can solve the problem, but each NGO has expertise that can help when working together.
- Collaborating can be a messy process, but it’s worth it.
- Collaboration is often complicated because we haven’t learned each other’s terminology.
- It’s going to take an army to end the trafficking crisis, and we need to build that army by partnering with others.
Are you enjoying the show?
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment to subscribe or rate the podcast on iTunes by clicking here. Click here for FAQs about podcasts and how to subscribe.
Haven’t been receiving our newsletter? Visit our homepage to join today.
Contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions at email@example.com.