Annalisa Enrile joins Dr. Sandra Morgan and Dave Stachowiak to discuss her new book, Ending Human Trafficking and Modern-Day Slavery: Freedom’s Journey. Annalisa talks about how we often approach solutions without looking at the big picture and how corporations are shifting from mere Corporate Social Responsibility to a Corporate Social Impact mindset. She also reminds us that rescuing someone is only the first step; it’s crucial to examine the support they’re getting afterward.
- Annalisa Enrile’s faculty page
- Ending Human Trafficking and Modern-Day Slavery: Freedom’s Journey by Annalisa Enrile
- We often approach solutions without looking at the big picture.
- Technology is emerging as a powerful anti-trafficking tool.
- Corporate Archetypes of Goodness: a movement from Corporate Social Responsibility to Corporate Social Impact. Corporations aren’t merely trying to act responsibly, they’re actively trying to impact the world.
- It’s easy to forget that survivor advocates are in fact survivors; they’re still on the healing journey.
- We need to be aware of the unintended consequences of rescuing someone.
- Rescuing someone is only the first step; it’s crucial to examine the support they’re getting afterward.
- It’s important to remember that survivors aren’t here just to tell their stories, they’re here to teach us.
Are you enjoying the show?
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment to subscribe or rate the podcast on iTunes by clicking here. Click here for FAQs about podcasts and how to subscribe.
Haven’t been receiving our newsletter? Visit our homepage to join today.
Contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions by contacting us through our homepage.